Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Application to rated

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
rando

Application to rated Empty
PostSubject: Application to rated   Application to rated EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 9:13 pm

You name: Randy

Your age:23

Characters name:shockhammer

Server:frostwolf

Class:paladin

What does Juke mean:fake cast in order to get a warrior or whatever class to miss their counterspell/rebuke/kick or whatever.

Do you Juke:yes

You will be required to prove this to us, Ok with that:yes

How Many years you been playing that Class:2

Spec:holy

Years playing that spec:since cata release

Witch class's give you trouble in 1v1:none really, 1v1 is stupid for healer

Do you use keybindings:absolutely, use qezxcfer123456 with shift alt and ctrl modifiers

How many:^^

how many Abilitys do you Click:i use healbot for hand spells

Wow Armory link (works sometimes.):sec....

Vent:have it, shockhammer

Mic: G35

Highest arena team: 1700 2/3s never had solid dps, can only carry team so much as a healer

BattleGround Rating:never had the chance to participate, the rated bgs i have done were successful though

Why does Rated Guild want you over another: i have a good understanding of pvp in cata as a whole, especially with understanding what abilities other classes have.

What separates you from others that play your class: I have all the appropriate keybinds, addons, and i know the class extremely well, my playstyle is like that of a FPS using cover and positioning to my advantage

What separates you from others that play your spec:^

What can you bring to the table:big heals, smart use of hand spells, cooldown rotations

Current Guild: none, havent taken any guild seriously as i have not had a chance being from alliance side, no real pvp guilds there.

Time in guild:^^

Last 2 guilds:PvP Guild and PvP guild but better on alliance side frostwolf

Do you know anyone in Rated: How:message in trade chat, dont know anybody

----------------------------------------

PVE

PVE Experience:pve is boring and it always winds up being a bunch of bitches bitching and ragequit nerds

How long you been PVE player:i enjoyed wotlk pve icc was dope cata is gay dont care for dragons and colorful armor and shit

Spec you pve with: IE not spec you like, Witch are you best at: probably prot, did a lot of tanking in icc with garbage players

Willing to change specs on request:yes, but i hate pve.. so yea

Hours you can attend events:after 730 on weekdays and weekends

Others things you think we should know:pve sucks

Who do you know in Rated:nobody

Tell us a little about who you are: i am an airborne infantryman in the army, forced to convert to recruiting, and now im living in cali dealing with stupid ass highschoolers tryin to put em in the army. i really enjoy this game's pvp as i used to play fps games a lot, and wow has shown me a much higher skill cap to try to pvp in. i have a beast computer and connection, im close to the server location and i use lowerping. i take pvp seriously but ive never been able to find a group skilled enough to keep up/people were unwilling to listen to others to learn and get better.
Back to top Go down
slapflap

PostSubject: Re: Application to rated   Application to rated EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 10:37 pm

You seem like a very negative person. There are going to be very low points in your time PvPing, and solely blaming your DPS partners is not always the best way to fix the problem.

rando wrote:
Highest arena team: 1700 2/3s never had solid dps, can only carry team so much as a healer

This statement worries me very much. First off the skill gap between DPS players and healing players is usually the DPS out skills the healers because the vast number of DPS people trying to get teams going vs. healing players wanting to play. I will give you the benefit of the doubt and say this was not the case for you. Also, replacing lacking DPS players is easy and should always be done if you want to succeed.

rando wrote:
Wow Armory link (works sometimes.):sec....

This statment is also rather annoying. Please provide a link if you are asked to. For example, here is a link to my armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/frostwolf/slapflap/advanced
Here is a link to your armory so you can edit your original post with this new link so other people will not be forced to go and find it:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/frostwolf/shockhammer/advanced

There will be a Paladin officer within Rated to check your application more precise.
Back to top Go down
justicebringer

PostSubject: Re: Application to rated   Application to rated EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 6:30 am

You seem to be stacking a lot of resilience, why? As a holy paladin with so many defensive cool downs and wearing plate you really shouldn't need that much resilience.

In a rated battleground you have to be able to work as a team and rely on other, and those people have to be able to rely on you. Your Mp5 would definitely be rough in a rated bg and even seems very low for higher level arena brackets. I would suggest getting rid of resilience gems, and picking up a better trinket that does not have resilience on it, maybe a pve trinket with spirit on it or a spirit proc.

Also you mentioned in your application that you make good use of you hand spells which is key for a holy paladin in rated bg's, especially when supporting the FR. With that said why did you choose to not get guardians favor? And you also elected to take no offensive abilities at all in your spec? Do you ever help your partner or team land the kill? It is important in arena's and rated bg's to be offensive at times, but your spec leaves you with little to no ability to do so.

Overall not a bad application, please answer the questions I asked. When answering these questions please remember the amount of effort put into your application process is the amount of effort this guild will reciprocate while considering it. If you have any questions please feel free to whisper me in game.

Justicbringe
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Application to rated   Application to rated Empty

Back to top Go down

Application to rated
Page 1 of 1