Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Euphury- Rogue app

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Euphury

Euphury- Rogue app Empty
PostSubject: Euphury- Rogue app   Euphury- Rogue app EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 2:19 pm

Thank you for reading my app and considering it. ( there may or may not be typos)

Name: George
Charcter name: Euphury
Sever: Frostwolf-transfered last week
Class: Rogue
Race: Undead

How Many years you been playing that Class: Since i started playing early 2007(BC), not really an alt person. Mostly re-rolling rogues on different servers.

Spec: Sub(8/2/31)-Damage & Sub(8/2/31) Comp with healer

Years playing that spec: 4 years and Assassination since Wrath

Which class's give you trouble in 1v1: Besides Blood DKs, Frost mages, but activley trying to learn how to beat them.

What does Juke mean: To fake/outmaneuver/trick an opponent.

Do you Juke: "Ghost" kick - In arena casters are always trying to juke my kick (interrupt) , so if i run over to my focus target they interrupt their own casts trying to juke. Sometimes its more useful to hold on to my interrupt then using it every chance i get; hence "ghost kick"

Do you use keybindings: Yes.It's the only way to pvp.

How many: 60ish, including stafe, targeting/focus, /target arena#, /focus arena# ect. ect.

how many Abilitys do you Click: Zero.

Wow Armory link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/frostwolf/euphury/advanced
Probably not gemming resil after 4.1

Vent: Yes

Mic: Yes

Highest personal arena team: 3v3 (1987 )season 9. This is my first season of doing arena Smile

Battle Ground Rating: 331- Tried it out with PuGs. Haven't had the opportunity to do it seriously.

Why does Rated Guild want you over another: I know my class and I'm a player who's actively putting in effort to improve. I have potential and can help your members with questions about rogues. Also, have PvE exp.

What do i want from Rated Guild (added myself Very Happy ): Looking for guild that can help me improve in pvp, such as knowledge of other other class' mechanics, and the opportunity to do Rated Battle Grounds. I like the fact that this is a serious guild, but it also looks like a lot of fun.

What separates you from others that play your class: Knowledge of my class and a long time of experience with rogues.

What separates you from others that play your spec: The mistake most sub rogues make is thinking it just about doing damage. I think its more about control. As a rogue you should be able to know how to use cooldowns effectively to force an opponent cooldowns and set up a kill with well timed shadow dance.

What can you bring to the table: Reliable player with potential to improve.

Current Guild: Vanilla Raiders PvE Guild

Time in guild: A week, since i transferred. Friend invited me. Focusing on pvp this Expansion, so I've just been helping members with heroic badge runs.

Last 2 guilds: PvE guilds back in WotLK, cant remember.

Do you know anyone in Rated: How: No.

----------------------------------------

PVE (Focusing on PvP, but if you need a RaidRogue i can fill void)

PVE Experience: ICC 25, had full 25 epics early in patch.

How long you been PVE player: WotLK, Geared really fast but didn't have experience prior to that, so could get into a high end raiding guild to do Hard Mode, and guilds only need like 1 raid rogue Sad.

Spec you pve with: IE not spec you like, Witch are you best at: Best at assassination , know how to use combat too.

Willing to change specs on request: Yes

Hours you can attend events: Have school Monday- Thur but can attend any other event with prior notice.
------------------------------------------------------

Others things you think we should know: Basically just want to get better at Pvp. oh and the reason i transferred to this server was to help my friend ,who just started playing wow ,learn arena. He's just got to 85, but I've taught him to key bind and mouse turn since lvl 1. He's going to be my main partner in 3's one day but he's still learning through 2v2. Our goal is to get to 2200+ this season and higher next season, hence our arena team name. Still trying to network a 3v3 team, too.

Who do you know in Rated: ΓΈ

Tell us a little about who you are: 18 years old, full time student living in California ( latency=25ms on frostwolf). Chill personality. I go for the wins and dont give up but and view losses as a way to improve.

Questions/criticism welcome
Back to top Go down
slapflap

Euphury- Rogue app Empty
PostSubject: Re: Euphury- Rogue app   Euphury- Rogue app EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 2:52 pm

Stong app it looks like. Hopfully you are true about always trying to improve and viewing looses as a perfect opportunity for thi, which is a big deal.

60ish keybinds seem really high for a rogue. That would mean you have around five full bars filled. Could you provide a screenshot of your UI?

Back to top Go down
Euphury

Euphury- Rogue app Empty
PostSubject: Re: Euphury- Rogue app   Euphury- Rogue app EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 3:28 pm

Thanks for the comment.

Sorry i wasnt clear about my keybindings. Thats including / focus macro, /target arena# x3, /focus arena# x 3, some CCs have a target=focus macro ( like focus blind, kick, dismantle ect.), and the fact that my stealth abilities dont share the same keybinding as out of stealth abilites due to bar lag, and food and bandages.
Seems like alot but its actaully simple and i have buttons on my mouse.

Posting UI: one of them is normal ui, the other one is with bars showing since i dont have them showing.

focus is on Right and target is below my health, Cds at the bottom.

https://2img.net/h/i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb21/zero178/rogue.jpg
https://2img.net/h/i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb21/zero178/Roguebar.jpg

Zoomed out more than usual
Back to top Go down
slapflap

Euphury- Rogue app Empty
PostSubject: Re: Euphury- Rogue app   Euphury- Rogue app EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 3:56 pm

Looks great. I personally don't use targeting binds like you explained, but it works fine for you I bet. Hopfully the rogue class officer will get to this application soon. He is able to check gear/glyph/talents alot more indepth than I can. Hopefully we will see you in guild soon.

Smile
Back to top Go down
Brutain

Euphury- Rogue app Empty
PostSubject: Re: Euphury- Rogue app   Euphury- Rogue app EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 2:43 pm

Explain your reason for stacking resilience.
Back to top Go down
Euphury

Euphury- Rogue app Empty
PostSubject: Re: Euphury- Rogue app   Euphury- Rogue app EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 6:21 pm

As of pre-patch 4.1, stacking Resilience yields increasing returns of survivability. So the more resilience i have the more benificial each point of reilience will be.
Also, resilience is equivalent to 1.1 points of Agility in relative usefullness.(Link to reference)

Basically, i did a lot of theroycrafting and looked at a variety of sources and top pvp rogues and decided it was the best to stack. However, it's getting nerfed in 4.1, so ill just be a cool guy and stack Agility Smile.
Back to top Go down
Brutain

Euphury- Rogue app Empty
PostSubject: Re: Euphury- Rogue app   Euphury- Rogue app EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 7:51 pm

Euphury wrote:
As of pre-patch 4.1, stacking Resilience yields increasing returns of survivability. So the more resilience i have the more benificial each point of reilience will be.
Also, resilience is equivalent to 1.1 points of Agility in relative usefullness.(Link to reference)

Basically, i did a lot of theroycrafting and looked at a variety of sources and top pvp rogues and decided it was the best to stack. However, it's getting nerfed in 4.1, so ill just be a cool guy and stack Agility Smile.

No understanding. Some top rogues stack agility and some stack resilience. Whether you choose to stack agility or resilience is situational. Rogues that stack resilience do so because they arena teammates have extremely high survivability to the point where they may become a target for the other team. However, in many cases in arenas rogues are in comparison to there teammates such poor targets stacking resilience is a waste because they are not going to be the focus target... in bgs stacking resilience virtually a complete waste.

In your situation stacking resilience is a poor choice all around.
Back to top Go down
Euphury

Euphury- Rogue app Empty
PostSubject: Re: Euphury- Rogue app   Euphury- Rogue app EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 10:36 pm

Agreed, Stacking resilience is obviously bad for rated BGs, and its a quick switch from gemming resilience to agility.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Euphury- Rogue app Empty
PostSubject: Re: Euphury- Rogue app   Euphury- Rogue app Empty

Back to top Go down

Euphury- Rogue app
Page 1 of 1